Sunday, July 31, 2016

Engagement Feature: Ida + Willie


Bride-to-be: Ida Ghebre
Groom-to-be: Willie Skinner

Tell us how you met one another: We met about five years through mutual friends at church.
                     
How did he pop the question: It was kind of a big lie. I was told I was going to a 30th birthday dinner later that night, so that was how I got to be dressed up. One of my best friends said she was going through a breakup and wanted talk and have a girls day. So I actually went up to my old college town ( Boulder, Colorado) and met up with my friends at a Starbucks. We planned to have dinner at a restaurant in the mountains and she would tell us what happened. We drive up the mountain and pass the restaurant which I thought that was strange. We ended up parking in the next lot and my friends, in my opinion, were doing the most. 
It was two days before Christmas, so it was quite cold in the mountains as you could imagine. I didn't understand why they wanted to take pictures before the dinner. They were moving and talking so quickly, I couldn't really combat but follow them. They made me take off my coat so I had only a dress on. I started walking down a path and I saw two people taking pictures and didn't think anything of it because it is a touristy area. I walk closer to the cottage and my fiance Willie walks down the steps and I FROZE. I then saw candles and flower petals around the cottage front area. He grabbed me and began to slow dance and then did  a speech ( that I can't quite remember but luckily he wore a go pro cam so it caught everything). He went down on one knee and popped the question!

When's the big day: July 24, 2016

What would you say has been the hardest thing about planning an Eritrean-American wedding: Figuring out the best and FAIR way to blend two cultures. 

Any tips or pointers for the couple planning a wedding right now: Delegate and Just enjoy the engagement period.

Engagement photographer and location(s): Deep Ellum and White Rock in Dallas Texas






Thank you for sharing your story with us, Ida! Many blessings to you both in your new union, xx. 

1 comment :

  1. Everything was spot-on perfect at our wedding. And this was due in large part to the manager and the amazing staff from Los angeles wedding venues. Very professional staff, incredible food, spectacular view and when you felt like a guest at your wedding it cannot get any better.

    ReplyDelete