Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Engagement Feature: Meron + Reshad


Bride-to-be: Meron Kassahun

Groom-to-be: Reshad Favors 

Ethnicity of couple: Ethiopian & African American

Tell us how you met one another: Reshad and I saw each other at a friend's engagement party. I had travelled from DC to Florida for the party. Reshad and I spotted each other at the party. We locked eyes for a moment but did not exchange information until after the party. 

How did he pop the question: Reshad planned for us to meet at the cherry blossom festival that takes place each year at the beginning of spring. Previously, I told him how much I loved cherry blossoms and how I wanted to watch them bloom. He figured it would be the perfect opportunity for him to ask for my hand in marriage. After taking in the cherry blossoms for a few hours, I spotted one of my family members. One by one, more of my family started to emerge. I still did not realize what was happening until I turned around and saw Reshad on one knee.

When's the big day: June 17, 2017

What are you looking forward to the most about your wedding: Enjoying the company of all of our close friends and family!

What would you say has been the hardest thing about planning a cultural wedding: Picking cake batter..they're all so good! 

Any tips or advice for the couple planning a wedding right now: Save, save, save! And have a budget. It's also good to have someone that can say no sometimes for me it was Reshad (haha!). 


Engagement photographer: Anthony Drayton
Makeup Artist: Blush by Makki
Hair Stylist: Yene Damtew
Engagement shoot locations: Tidal Basin, Lincoln Monument, Jefferson memorial 

Congratulations again on your beautiful engagement, Meron! We can't wait for your Big Day! Many Blessings to the both of you, xx.

No comments :

Post a Comment