Sunday, August 23, 2015

How Will You Style Your Hair For Your Big Day


Hi Bellas! If you are at all like me (or most woman I know, for that matter), your hair is always a big topic...and it's an even bigger topic on your big day! So think about how you will style your tresses way in advance, so you are not stressed just weeks before the wedding.
The first question you should ask yourself is: what type of wedding is it? Will you have a traditional ceremony with a traditional veil (your hairstyle might determine the type of veil you wear, if any)? Also, will it be an indoor wedding or outdoor wedding, what are your wedding themes, etc. This might help narrow down your options when looking for different hair styles.
Second, how do you normally like to style your hair? Do you have certain 'habits' like side bangs, front bangs, etc.?
Also, are you planning on putting in clips (extensions) or a partial/full weave? Or will you use your natural hair?
When you answer these questions, it might be easier to narrow your search for different hairstyles.
For my wedding, I let my bridesmaids just leave their hair down with curls in it. I didn't want to choose a particular hairstyle because I wanted them to be comfortable with their normal hairstyles. Also, I am not a fan of the “polished look” so I asked that they stick to hairstyles that they are accustomed to- and of course they all went for the simple, hair down, look with some of them sweeping their bangs to one side.
For myself, (for the ceremony) I pulled my hair back in a loose, curly back bun and left my side bangs (I was going for a traditional look). The inspiration for this look was from a Jessica Alba pic I saw on the internet. I loved the romantic curls and twists that looked like a fancy bun with intricate weaving. To upgrade the look, I added crystal pins to the sides of my hair, near the bun and suddenly it was a sophisticated wedding day look! Thanks to my hairstylist, Rigat Habte of Hands of Artistry, we made this work!
For the reception, I went with a simple half up/half down style! The part of my hair that was up was very loose and fun! The inspiration of this simple hairstyle was from a Carrie Underwood pic that I came across online! I don’t think it was necessarily a ‘wedding’ inspiration pic of her, but I loved the look and it was perfect for me (she had the side bangs as well!).
If I can make any suggestions, based on my own experience- if you choose the loose, fun look, don’t forget about fly-aways! Make sure to use a good product that will keep your short pieces down in the heat or wind without making your hair hard. Remember to discuss this with your hairstylist during your trial!
Most importantly, during your trial, don’t be afraid to try out a hairstyle that you normally wouldn’t do- This is the time to explore and see what works best for you! Have fun with it!
One of my favorite places to look for hair inspiration is the RED CARPET! You will find everything from polished looks to fun and flirty looks!
Enjoy these looks, xo.
my hair collage




Originally published on Bella Bride Africa

No comments :

Post a Comment