Thursday, August 13, 2015

Meet Floretta: Her Big Day Social Media & Fashion Intern


Name: Floretta Woart
College: Everett Community College
Graduation Year: 2017
Major: Specialization in marketing management 
Instagram: @flossy_flo
Twitter: @flomoneyfloprob
Where are you from? Monrovia, Liberia but I currently live in Lake Stevens, WA  

Where is your favorite place to shop? Zara, TOPSHOP and H&M

What is the most fun event you have helped style? That's a hard one because I work at Nordstrom so my job allows me to get people ready for meetings, dates, Vegas trips, back to school shopping, etc so I've been blessed to have had many opportunities to style people. But, my favorite would have to be one of my favorite customers who recently just came in to shop for back to school. She gave me full control over picking and styling the outfits. She ended up looking great in everything and loved everything so I think that experience was my favorite because we got to try things that were a little out of her comfort zone and expanded her fashion sense in the end. Seeing her look amazing is the reason why I love styling.

If you could  get married today, where would be your dream wedding? I would get married in a lavish ballroom with beauty decor and a view that overlooked the city.

What would be your wedding colors and/or theme? Gray, white and yellow accents

What are wedding traditions in your culture? In the Liberian culture all the female attendants show up in traditional African dresses made from a fabric called "lapas". Also, leading up to the wedding there is a party thrown for the bride! There is a lot of food there and the bride wears traditional Liberian clothes. She is supported and praised by her family and close friends to celebrate her big day. It is similar to a bridal shower.

Your  drink to order at Starbucks: Passion tea lemonade with raspberry.

What’s in your purse? Everything. No joke from lotion to band-aids. You need it, I got it.

Your favorite quote: "May your neighbors respect you, troubles neglect you, angels protect you and heaven accept you."

2 comments :

  1. A wedding planner is really worth it and this event coordinator was the perfect fit for me. I had no idea where to start, when to do what and they effortlessly guided me through the whole process. I didn't know how I wanted my wedding right off the bat, but they helped me figure it with photos and examples.

    ReplyDelete