Thursday, January 14, 2016

Elsabet Habesha Jewelry - 2016 Her Big Day Wedding Show Vendor




For the Habesha bride, your Melse/Melsi just cannot be complete without the perfect jewelry adornments.  Elsabet Jewelry sells quality cultural jewelry in 18, 22, and 24 karat plating that is inspired by African countries such as Eritrea and Ethiopia. You may recognize their jewelry from our segment on KING5's New Day Northwest as they provided the stunning jewelry that you saw on our Habesha brides during the fashion portion of the show. We are so excited that they will be sharing their beautiful pieces both in their booth and on the runway at Her Big Day: A Cultural Wedding Affair.

Get to know Owner, Elsabet, below and look forward to meeting her and seeing her gorgeous jewelry display at our wedding show in January. Buy your tickets here!

Her Big Day: Where does the name of your brand 'Elsabet' come from? 
Elsabet Habesha Jewelry: The name Elsabet comes from one of the most inspiring women to me in this world, my mother. She is not only my role model but has definitely shaped me to be the woman that I am today. I couldn’t have started EHJ without her.

HBD: Where are you from and how does your background influence your designs?EHJ: I’m from Eritrea. For those who are not familiar, Eritrea is a county located in NE Africa that is surrounded by the Red Sea, Sudan, Ethiopia and Djibouti.

I have always been very traditional and very much into my culture. Thus, my country and my customs have definitely influenced what I carry which is traditional and modern Habesha designs.

HBD: Do you draw inspiration from anywhere else when creating your custom pieces?
EHJ: Definitely! I have to say the credit goes out to our culture and jewelers that created these Habesha designs from way before my time. All I did was select a couple of my favorite pieces and had it crafted for my business.

HBD: What do you hope to achieve with your designs and brand?
EHJ: Initially, my goal was to modify popular and unique designs in plated white and yellow gold to make it affordable. However, trying to custom design pieces has been a challenge and definitely a learning experience. I’m taking more time to learn more about jewelry, metals, gems, and plating types. I hope to soon create and patent my own design and be able to establish a collection.


HBD: What is your most cherished design and why?EHJ: My favorite piece (which is why I started EHJ) is the Arban set also known as the Weleba. My mother, who is almost 68, told me that this piece was worn before her time. Knowing that was special to me. I call it my vintage piece with a modern day twist. I wanted this piece for myself and couldn’t wait to have it in both white and gold plated. In fact, I had these pieces double plated to ensure it would last a little longer than most plated jewelry. I had a bracelet made with this set that can serve as an anklet as well. With all of the beautiful short Habesha dresses out these days, I thought it would be a great look. If you get real creative, the bracelet/anklet can also serve as a hair piece with or without braids.

HBD: And last but not least, what is your favorite thing about weddings?
EHJ: 
Weddings are just pure fun. Everybody is happy to celebrate the couple’s big day and help make it memorable. My favorite part is the ‘Melsi’- the day two celebration where all of the traditions & customs take place. I love everything from the transformation of the reception with bahlawe décor to the clothing, jewelry, braids, and henna.

HBD: Thank you for taking the time to share Elsabet Habesha Jewelry with us!EHJ: Thank you for selecting me to be featured on Her Big Day! It is definitely an honor.


Get social with Elsabet Habesha Jewelry!

No comments :

Post a Comment